Updated: Aug 18
Being a ring girl is a great laugh and comes with lots of perks but is there more to the job than just holding up those numbers!? We had a chat with our promotional models and ring girls to give you our ring girl top tips!
1. Sign up to an agency! Finding work as a ring girl is a tough job on your own, I mean where do you even start? Messaging promoters and events directly can be time consuiming and more often they will be using an agency to sort their staff, so our top tip is GET APPLYING! (our books are open please use the contact section to apply)
2. What will they ask me for? Most agencies will ask you to complete a registration form detailing your stats and any experience you may have. Be honest, they want to see the real you, professional photos always help but make sure they are true to your image. Gives lots of information and don't worry too much if you do not have a lot of experience, listing your qualities and characteristics can be just as impactful!
3. Speak to other models and promo girls! there is a huge community of amazing girls and models who are willing to share advice and point you in the right direction, don't be shy! Look for groups on social media and attend castings it's all about being approachable and putting yourself out there!
4. Smile and be a great hostess. One of the main roles of a ring girl and promotional model is to ensure the crowd and guests are having a great time. Ask them if there having a good evening, do they need any help? Take lots of photos when asked this will please the client and crowd. Be on time, don't be a diva and just be generally nice to be around! After all its you job!
5. Be ready for that spotlight! last minute jobs and casting are common in the modelling and promotional modelling world so be prepared at all time. It is important to look tidy and presentable to ensure you get that dream role. Were not saying you have to look pristine at all times (I mean what girl does?) but keeping your nails tidy and legs waxed is always a great idea haha! In a nutshell be ready to pop on that uniform at jump in the ring a short notice.
Caitlin at the weigh ins for the Hennessy Sports holding the WBA belt.
If you want to know more about Finesse Models or think you have got what it takes to join our team, send us a message or give us a call, we would love to hear from you!
#kickboxing #boxernation #ilovemyboxer #champion #muaythai #gym #sport #boxing #mma #kickboxing #fitness #ufc #muaythai #bjj #training #boxingtraining #gym #fight #martialarts #boxeo #workout #fighter #motivation #sport #wrestling #jiujitsu #boxinglife #karate #boxer #fitnessmotivation #champion #sports #boxe #fit #judo #fighting #ringgirls
Finesse Ring Girls